Day 6 - Last Prep Day

Day 6 - Last Prep Day

Romy Soa, 15/05

Daily Hours: 10.30 - 15.00

Total Daily Hours: 4.30hrs

Total Hours: 28.50hrs

Today is our last day before we leave for our hike. Kailee and I spent the day getting really excited as we gathered the last of our personal belongings, distributed all of the group gear we had spent last week gathering, and started packing our personal packs. 

My past few hikes have taught me a few things - along with a standard way I always pack my bag so that the weight is evenly distributed and centered at the base of my bag. Included in this, is packing everything in trash bags to make sure they stay dry, and to keep things in groups as much as possible. Hiking means that your bag is always being packed and unpacked multiple times a day. Grouping things and having a standard way to pack your bag speeds up the process and keeps things organized. 

I kept all of this in mind as I packed my bag: 

I had a packing cube for my hiking layers, and another smaller ones for the clothes I’ll sleep in.

I had a repurposed sleep sack with my third of the food we were bringing. 

I had a ziplock for my contacts & toiletries, and another one for my book & snickers bars.

I had a smaller ziplock with cash, ID & charger.

I had a mesh baggy for our filtration kit.

Everything else I was carrying either fit in without a packing cube (dromedaries, shoes, ) or fit in one of the bag’s pockets (dromedaries, fuel canisters, head lamp, ). 


Libby's bag & Kailee's bag:


Kailee and I finished our day with our personal packs pretty much ready to be put in the car, and a pile of libby’s belongings ready for her. We agreed it would be best if Libby simply got here earlier tomorrow to pack her own bag before we drove to the trailhead tomorrow. We’re both very excited and both a bit nervous for our trip :) 


my bag:


Comments

Popular Posts